New Haven Youth & Family Services, Inc.
Resident & Student Harassment Policy
Youth Name ______________________________________________
Date of Birth ______________________
New Haven Youth & Family Services, Inc. exercises a strong commitment to the prevention of Harassment and/or Discrimination directed towards its students residents, families, or staff members.
Harassment and/or Discrimination in any form will not be tolerated and this includes but is not limited to harassment or actions based on any of the following factors:
- Race and/or Ethnicity
- Physical and/or mental Disabilities
- Sexual Preference
- Sexual Identity
Harassment and Discrimination can take many forms including but not limited to:
- Unwelcome Sexual Advances or Requests for Sexual Favors
- ANY physical conduct of a sexual nature between any staff member and youth
- ANY physical conduct of a sexual nature between any youth
- Inappropriate language including lewd remarks or slurs
- Inappropriate jokes & pranks
Any resident who believes he has been harassed by a staff member or another student should:
- Immediately Speak with your Teacher, Staff, Program Specialist, or Therapist
- Complete a Grievance Form
New Haven will do everything possible to ensure that each and every student and/or resident has a safe and comfortable environment to live and that each and every staff has a safe and comfortable place to work. Harassment of any form from anyone will be dealt with swiftly and strongly.
If you or any one of your family members needs further information on this subject, please contact your Program Specialist
Youth Signature: ______________________________________________________
Signature of Parent/ Legal Guardian/ Authorized Representative of Youth: ___________________________________
Signature of NHYFS Representative or Witness: ______________________________________________________